Broward Health Heart Valve Center
Dr. Herskowitz has spearheaded the opening of the new Broward Health Heart Valve Center, a multidisciplinary approach to the treatment of structural and valvular heart disease. This Valve center along with the opening of the new state of the art Hybrid Operationg Suite will allow cardiovascular surgeons and interventional cardiologists to work together to perform procedures in a large operation room specifically designed for advanced procedures.
Through the Heart Valve Center, a patient or referring physician can place one phone call and a dedicated coordinator will make sure all questions are answered and all the right specialists are assembled for the patient’s appointment. The coordinator does all the behind-the-scenes orchestrating to ensure smooth, efficient patient care.
- Patients referred to the Heart Valve Center will be initially assessed by one of our cardiologists and/or cardiovascular surgeons.
- All prior diagnostic studies will be requested and reviewed.
- When needed, additional diagnostic imaging (such as echocardiography, stress imaging, cardiac MRI, or carotid ultrasound) will be performed.
The Broward Health Heart Valve Center streamlines the diagnostic and treatment process for patients and is led by national experts in diagnostic cardiac imaging, interventional cardiology, and cardiac surgery. The Center’s collaborative medical team provides you with optimal care that includes:
- Complete medical evaluation by heart valve specialists
- State-of-the-art diagnostic valve disease education
- Personalized care plan, including ongoing follow-up and adjustments
- Timely updates to your primary care physician
- If necessary, valve surgery at the Heart Center of Excellence at Broward Health Medical Center.
For more information about the Broward Health Heart Valve Center, please visit their website: www.browardhealth.org/services/cardiac-services